MUTATEC is a pioneer in the production of insects for animal feed in Europe. Based in Cavaillon, its project is to build and operate industrial insect breeding farms. In a logic of circular economy, these farms make it possible to valorize food losses (unsold fruits and vegetables, agricultural co-products) to produce insect proteins, oils and ingredients for animal feed. MUTATEC's innovative solution is supported by a dynamic, committed and multicultural team of about twenty people. Backed by major players in the ecological transition and agriculture, MUTATEC operates its first industrial farm in Cavaillon. We plan to roll out this model in France and abroad.
As part of its development, we are strengthening our team with a Livestock Manager. Reporting to the Farm Operations Director, with the support of the Management and the R&D colleagues, the Livestock Manager takes charge of the proper operational functioning of the farming workshops, with production objectives in quantity and quality. The main tasks are:
- Improve working methods and means of production, define rations and establish orders for feeding substrate, supervise their storage and distribution;
- Follow the evolution of technical and performance parameters (growth, fertility ...) and seek the origin of deficiencies during insufficient results
- Ensure good breeding conditions (temperature, lighting, hygrometry, ventilation) and ensure their good performance, Be attentive to the state of health of the animals and schedule periodic disinfection interventions, ensure the application of sanitary protocols,
- Manage the inputs and outputs of raw materials and products, ensure interfaces with other workshops on the farm (orders, reception, deliveries): feeding substrate manufacturing workshop, larval slaughter and processing workshop, insect frass treatment workshop, care and maintenance service...
- Ensure the entry of traceability data and technical performance of the breeding as well as their interpretation, present the technical results of the breeding to the farm manager.
The Livestock Manager supervises the operators who intervene in the workshop for which he/she is responsible: establishes on-call and leave schedules, instructions and work program. He/she controls the work done. He/she assists operators as needed or replaces them in their absence. He/she may be required to be sometimes on call or present on weekends, depending on the schedule he establishes.
- BTS equivalent to Engineer, specialized in animal production.
- Strong motivation for the theme, with a practical experience of 3 to 5 years in the management of farms. Sense of observation and pragmatism,
- Reactivity and sense of initiative,
- Flexibility and adaptability,
- Technical, economic and human management skills.
- Computer skills are required for the use of specific software.
Letter of motivation and CV to send to MUTATEC, to the attention of Mr. Christophe TRESPEUCH email@example.com and Mr. Jérôme COSTIL firstname.lastname@example.org